Jun Abines

Jun Abines
Frankfurt, Germany

Friday, June 20, 2014

A SOLDIER'S POEM

      I lay weak and dying as the fierce battle ended
The enemy was the victor and I'm mortally wounded
My life slowly draining I prepared for final rest
I fought hard with all my might I have no regrets

I have fought too many wars perhaps time to bid goodbye
My will and dignity is intact only this body will die
The cause and principles I fought will be there to survive
Young warriors will follow me and keep our dreams alive

Better die with honor and being gracious in defeat
Than run and hide like cowards or win the fight as cheat
A warriors code is fairness, service and integrity
Observing them at all times even to the heartless enemies

As you laid my body to rest I have one final request
Let every Senator, Congressman and Generals read this poem, a warriors final quest
My blood is thier hands they stole the whole budget of the Army
My 30 year old armalite misfired, the enemies modern weapon hit me.

By : Jun Abines

No comments:

Post a Comment