Jun Abines

Jun Abines
Frankfurt, Germany

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

HOMEWARD BOUND

Alas, I am finally heading home
To a place so dear, I can truly call my own
Though there's no family waiting there for me
Still got old neighbors and childhood memory

Our house was long destroyed and gone
Most people there no longer know who I am
I left that place when I was sixteen
Its my beloved birth place named St. Christine

All I'm bringing is a back pack and sad story
Because I failed in my quest for fame and glory
But I'm heading home not to mourn or worry
It's my time to enjoy and reminisce old memory

It was there I started to build my boyhood dream
To become someone great and rich to the extreme
I'll have my quiet time there, my old self I will hunt
Perhaps revise my ambitions and make them more relevant 

Maybe I failed because my dreams are too selfish
I will think of something noble and do some service
Because life have taught me how to become a legend
By using talents to serve others and gain more friends

Beloved St. Christine, here I come
Prepare the red carpet and ready the marching band
Though I'd prefer a surprise arrival greeted by a dog's bark
At the house my old friends and neighbors close to my heart.

By : Jun Abines


No comments:

Post a Comment