Jun Abines

Jun Abines
Frankfurt, Germany

Friday, June 20, 2014

THE GREATEST JOURNEY

      I started my journey without any destination
No map, no bags and absolutely no provisions
No money, no guide and there's no companion
The motive is pure adventure and sheer self determination

I meet friends and enemies along the way
Their influence and opinions help shaped my destiny
I had my share of triumphs including ugly defeats
Some are empty victories many wounds too deep

There were days I thought I'd die but I didn't quit
I fought the worst of enemies many of them I can't forget
My best moments in life happened during great dangers
I took all my chances, I was patient despite raging anger

I got my chance for fortune but I refuse all the temptation
I got my chance for glory but choose not to hurt somebody
Because I am a free spirit I cannot carry guilt
My happiness is not on materials, its the peace that I felt

I continued my long journey, I think I'm almost there
I learned the world is round, I'll soon be back to the first square
I learned the greatest prize in life is nothing but contentment
Never try to own the universe co'z no life is permanent

I got no golds or silver, except this story to tell
I got no medals or citations, except the lessons I share
Mine is the greatest journey, coz I fought for what is right
I took all the risk there is and laid bare my dear life

By : 
Jun Abines


No comments:

Post a Comment