Jun Abines

Jun Abines
Frankfurt, Germany

Friday, June 20, 2014

WORK HORSE

      Every happy picture I posted
There's a dozen lonely pictures neglected
Every happy moment I shared with pride
There were 10 hours of stressful work I hide

I am just a fool trying to pretend
That this hopeless situation will soon finally end
With happy thoughts I flood myself
My desperate spirit is crying for help

There are millions like me out there
Feeling abandoned grasping for air
Fighting each day in order to survive
Breaking our bones from 'eight to five'

Endlessly chasing financial security
Paying the bills and taxes for eternity
Faking smiles for loved ones and family
Making sure they are well and happy

One day I get tired and need some rest
I'll hope all my hard works won't be gone to waste
But for now I'll work hard until I bleed
Because I'm a work horse, got love ones to feed.

By : 
Jun Abines

No comments:

Post a Comment