Jun Abines

Jun Abines
Frankfurt, Germany

Friday, June 20, 2014

I THOUGHT

      I once thought I'd be happy if I learn how to swim
After learning it, I felt it was nothing special
I once thought I'd be happy if I learn how to ride a bike
After learning it, I felt it wasn't that crucial

I once thought I'd be happy if I learn how to drive
After learning it, I felt it was not too complicated
I once thought I'd be happy if I can ride a plane
After riding it, I felt it wasn't that fun when we landed

I once thought I'd be happy if I finish college
After finishing college, I didn't feel too ecstatic
I once thought I'd be happy if I pass the board exam
After passing the board exam, I figured it wasn't too fantatic

I once thought I'd be happy if I can get a job
After finding a job I felt frustrated
I thought I'd be happy if I get promoted as manager
After getting promoted, I felt pressured and neglected

So I learned to stop dreaming for tomorrow to chase happiness
Instead I look at my present and enjoy what really is
I realize I have everything i need to be happy
Most of what I wanted before is now a reality.

By : Jun Abines

No comments:

Post a Comment